Puretec BoreSafe | Iron Build-up Bore Cleaner
Puretec BoreSafe is a safe, easy to apply biodegradable chemical designed specifically to break down the iron build-up in the bore itself, the bore pump and pipework. BoreSafe eliminates the rusty slime, unpleasant odours, orange brown staining and other deposits. Boresafe breaks down the iron so that the water can flow freely again and it reduces the strain that blockages can put on your pump.
Features and benefits
- A fast and effective way to clean bores from iron oxide and bacteria build up
- New and improved more powerful granular formula
- Environmentally friendly - Biodegradable
- Available in 5, 10 and 20kg containers
Instructions for bore treatment
Calculating the amount of BoreSafe required
- Calculate the depth of water in the bore:
Total bore depth (metres)______ minus depth from the ground to the water level (metres)______equals ______.
Depth of water. i.e bore hole is 100m deep, the water level is 40m from the surface – water depth is 60m.
- Ascertain whether you require a standard or a shock dose:
- Standard Dose – A regular maintenance dose when cleaning a bore regularly within 12 month periods
- Shock Dose – Required when the bore hasn’t been cleaned for long periods and has solidified iron build up
- Check the dosage guide (please note this is a guide only) for the dosage required for the diameter of the bore and multiply that by the depth of water in the bore.
- Check the pH of your water (non-critical step)
- Dissolve the required amount of BoreSafe in a bucket(s) of water. For every kg of BoreSafe add 10 litres of water.
- Divert the discharge of the bore pipework back down the bore so the system recirculates (ensure this is done within the specs of the pump).
- While the system is recirculating pour the dissolved BoreSafe down the bore. Leave the system recirculating for 6-8 hours, the water may change to a green colour.
- Flush the system by moving the discharge of the bore water so that the drains away from the bore (BoreSafe is biodegradable - however avoid foliage that could be damaged and areas that could be stained)
- To check all the BoreSafe has been flushed get a cup of 100 ml of the bore water and put 10 drops of the solution provided a 5 minutes delay. If the water goes purple the water is sufficiently flushed. If it stays clear more flushing is required.
|Bore Diameter||Standard Dose||Shock Dose|
|50 mm||95 grams||115 grams|
|80 mm||245 grams||300 grams|
|100 mm||385 grams||470 grams|
|125 mm||600 grams||735 grams|
|150 mm||875 grams||1.06 kg|
|200 mm||1.55 kg||1.88 kg|
|250 mm||2.43 kg||2.95 kg|
|300 mm||3.50 kg||4.24 kg|
|252 mm||4.77 kg||5.77 kg|
|400 mm||6.23 kg||7.54 kg|
|450 mm||7.88 kg||9.54 kg|
|500 mm||9.73 kg||11.78 kg|